Players and coaches should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of all games. This allows the coaches time to give instructions to the players prior to the game.
Parents should stay for all games so that they can enjoy observing their child’s activities and be present if they are needed by the child or coach.
Due to more strict gym user policies, this season parents and siblings are discouraged from staying in the gyms during practices. There have been many problems in the past and we don’t want to jeopardize losing our valuable practice space. Please be aware of the rules that are in place.
- Coaches should meet the custodian and do a walk through the gym.
- NEVER prop the doors open.
- REMOVE footwear at the FRONT entrance.
- DO NOT allow anyone on stages or in the halls, failure to do so will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking.
- Report any damage to the custodian and to the Mill Woods Soccer office immediately.
- Respect the time slot you have been given, and be sure to be finished and on time. That means you should be out of the gym at 7:00, not 7:05, etc.
- Practices end 5 minutes before the hour 7:00 to 7:55 pm as an example. Just like games, a one-hour slot is 55 minutes long. Change into your gym shoes and equipment outside of the gym.
- It has been stressed very strongly that if an individual Coach, manager, parent, etc. make their own arrangements with a school for practice time and the City of Edmonton becomes aware of it, they will pull not only MWSA but all EMSA licenses and we will be entitled to NO gym time.
- The only beverage allowed in the gym is water, no juice, or sports drinks. If you spill, please wipe it up! There is to be no food in the gym.
It is mandatory for all indoor teams to assign a parent (or another responsible attendant) to monitor practices held in school gyms.
The Coach is NOT a babysitter and will not automatically assume the task of transporting your child to/from fields or caring for your child beyond practice or game time. If you need help, work something out with another parent.